Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Looking ahead


Next year, same time, things will probably be somewhat different from where I am now. Provided that bad luck stays happily in its miserable corner and everything lives up to what I expect it to be, I'll be in a different country, different city and a different job. Moreover my social standing will be upgraded from “random white male” to “random white male + offspring v1.0” . It's a lot to look out for, it's a lot to live up to but also there will be a lot left behind.


It's been an exciting last half year that has lead to my current situation, which required a lot of non trivial decision making. The result of this all is that I'm leaving my family and friends behind, as well as my much appreciated, highly valued, significant other (for a while at least). In order to keep them updated of all the trivial events and without doubt, marvelous adventures, I've decided to start this little blog. The likelihood of this blog yielding an accurate (or interesting) day to day diary will be slim, but every now and then I'll post a short update of what's going on.


Considering that not everyone of my intended readers is endowed with the same astonishing understanding of the English language, I'll add a short Dutch version for those interested. My ultimate intentions in this respect are of course to make sure I bore both of you Dutch-only s and English – only s to the same degree.


Happy reading

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

arent't you going to put cute hyperlinks and youtube videos in here too?

mrk said...

No, since that almost sounds exciting...