Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Cleansing & Baggage

Next year, same time, things will probably be somewhat different from where I am now. These are the attempts to write an entertaining collection of meaningless contemplations and tales leading up to the coming changes...


One of the tasks preparing for the move is getting rid of stuff you weren't using anyway.


Some of it is quite uninteresting and requires simply going through the tedious process of choosing what is relevant and what isn't. This includes mind blowing items such as my incredible collection of age old sport socks. I'm sure you don't want to know I had names for each and every one of them. As such you may find the empathetic resources to understand I had a really hard time parting with them. Thank god for digital photography: bye guys, I will never forget you!


Screaming for their miserable little lives ...


Other items included my huge stack of papers. Such as receipts from four years back, of which the return date had expired four years minus one week. Or public health insurance forms from before the law changed and changed and changed. And small gems such as my grades from university or my drivers license applications ... all four of them. More on those in a later attempt to be interesting or entertaining (aka blog).


More confronting are items which represent a certain vain hope, a lost dream of the innocence of one's youth: B M 2 (*), my base amp. It's simply big and unused and it's in the way (my significant others way that is)... Thus ends the era of my musical aspirations. It concludes the idea that one day I'll have hordes of screaming groupies, bling bling beyond use and world wide recognition of my fingerfast prowess.


This bass powered monster was purchased because I was fed up with borrowing other people's equipment whenever we had a gig... it was a good investment for all the two incredible breathtaking performances we had ever since. That comes down to an investment of roughly $500 per gig... how's that for demonstrating musical aspirations and commitment ?

this one goes to eleven


For what it's worth, I'll leave you with an impression of what you have missed all those years. These are our recordings. There are many like it, but these are ours... enjoy ! ( enjoying it actually requires some work though. I'm too cheap to get a paid domain so I'm using a free host. You're required to type in some confirmation code and watch some ads for 30 secs... No pain, no greatest music in the world)



(*) Ampeg B2 350W. B2 may refer to the speaker / amp combo I have really no idea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be couragous enough of you showing the items you collected over the years. Luckyly that music doesn't have concrete forms as other (visual) art. Then you would have the cargo plane filled up for the move. Seems things are getting pretty in order for you to go through the Canadian custom.(No smelly dirty socks!)

mrk said...

Heh... I doubt courage comes anywhere near the requirement of showing someone your dirty socks... maybe lack of having real topics to write aboot ;)